1) How do I make an appointment to view a property?
It’s easy! Most of our available properties are available for self tours. Just stop by one of our offices at least an hour before closing and bring your photo ID and $20 cash for a key deposit. We rent keys to anything you find of interest on our vacancy list and refund your key deposit upon return of the keys to our office by the end of business that same day. We are available six days a week!
2) Where are your offices located?
Our main office is located at 1220 East Broadway, Louisville, KY 40204. We also have an office located in the UofL area at 536 Eastern Parkway, Louisville, KY 40217.
3) What are your operating hours?
The main office on Broadway is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8AM to 5PM, Wednesday from 8AM to 7PM, and Saturday from 10AM to 5PM, closed Sunday. The University Office is open Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM.
4) Do you allow pets?
Yes and No. Cats are allowed in most of our properties but as a courtesy to our apartment residents, we do not allow dogs in most residences. The Fifth Street Terraces and most of our single family homes allow dogs with certain breed restrictions. Please contact a leasing consultant for more information.
5) Do you charge an application fee?
We charge a $45 non-refundable application fee for all applicants/cosigners. We also charge a separate $100 refundable holding fee that secures the home for you while we process your application. If approved, the holding fee will be applied toward your security deposit. If your application is denied or you cancel prior to accepting terms the holding fee will be returned to you.
6) Do you charge a security deposit? How much is it?
Security deposits are determined on a case by case basis and can range from 1 to 3 months of rent. We pay attention to rental history and credit history.
8) When is my rent late and how much is the late fee?
Rent is due on the 1st of each month and we allow a grace period extending to the 5th of each month. If you pay rent after the end of the business day on the 5th, you will be charged an administrative late fee of $40. If you pay rent after the 15th the late fee is $80.
9) Do you take personal checks?
During the initial application process and move-in we require payment by money order or cashier’s check only. After approval, for future rental payments we accept cashier’s check, money order, personal check, or paying via rentcafe.com. For the protection of your payments we do not accept cash whatsoever.
10) How do I report a maintenance issue?
You can call or stop by either office location and a staff member will submit the maintenance request for you, or you may complete the form on this website to submit a maintenance request. In emergency after hours cases ONLY you may call our on call emergency maintenance staff at, 502-478-1048. Any ongoing maintenance issues can be reported to our maintenance manager,
Jon, Jon@bmgapts.com or maintenance coordinator, Randy, email@example.com.
11) What are reasons my application will be denied?
*All credit and background checks are processed on an individual basis – any unusual circumstances and information is subject to review by the manager
*Should an applicant or co-applicant not meet Broadway Management Group’s criteria this will result in a denial for the entire application
*Applicants will be given 3 business days to supply any additional documentation needed to move forward in the process
*Security deposits are based on the overall review of this information and can range anywhere from 1-3 month’s worth of rent
- If an eviction appears on credit and the applicant is unable to provide verifiable proof by the court or plaintiff that the balance has been paid
- If applicant is currently under eviction
- If any rental debt is in collections and the applicant is unable to provide verifiable proof that the balance has been paid
- There are utilities in collections (LG&E or Louisville Water Co. for SFHs) and the applicant is unable to provide proof of payment by receipt
- Applicant is currently in bankruptcy or has filed within the last 12 months
- Applicant receives a bad rental reference from most recent landlord
- Applicant is currently in a legal dispute with a previous landlord
- Applicant has a violent felony or misdemeanor involving a weapon in the last 3 years on their background check
- Applicant has a drug trafficking charge in the last 3 years on their background check
- Applicant has a sexual assault or abuse charge of any kind on their background check